- What information we collect, who we collect it from and why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- The circumstances in which we may disclose that information to others; and
- Your choices in relation to your information, including how you can access and correct that information.
We may collect the following information about you:
We may collect personal information about you when you purchase our products and services and otherwise communicate with us. This personal information may include your name, contact details, email address, credit card details, place of work, position and other details necessary for us to provide the information or services you have requested.
Information from your use of our services: We may maintain records of your communications with our customer support team and other staff, including phone calls, e-mails and live chat logs.
Information from your use of our website:
We receive information when you interact with and use our website. We use server logs and different Web analytic tools to help us record this information (including ‘cookies’, ‘pixel tags’ and other anonymous identifiers). These tools may gather information such as what browser and operating system you use, the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, search terms, your location and what content, products and services are viewed when visiting or registering for services on our website.
We also use third party service providers (for example, Google) to help us track the effectiveness of our website, generate visitor traffic and to display targeted advertising. These advertisements may collect anonymous information about your visits to the website on which such advertisement is placed, your interaction with these ads and the products and services offered by us and others through the use of a cookie (such as a Google Analytics or Double Click cookie) pixel tag or other web technologies. We, Google and other selected marketing organisations and may use this anonymous information to inform, optimise and provide targeted advertisements to you.
Our website may also contain links and advertisements which link to third party websites. We have no control over the privacy policies of such third parties and we encourage you to review such policies prior to providing any information to or purchasing goods or services from such third parties.
How we use information collected
We may use the personal information collected by us for the following purposes:
- Providing you with information, products or services that you have requested;
- Verifying that existing information we hold about you is accurate and complete;
- Maintaining and improving our services and website
- Confirming your identity, controlling unauthorised use or abuse of our services and verifying compliance with applicable laws;
- Invoicing and authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- Assisting us in performing our obligations or enforcing our rights under any agreement we may have entered into with you;
- Communicating with you to inform you about our services, letting you know about upcoming changes, improvements or new products and services you may be interested in;
- To undertake any other promotional activities where you have consented to such promotional activities;
- Providing you with effective customer service and otherwise helping to solve any issues or problems you may have with our services or website;
Information Digital Halos shares:
Ensuring and respecting your privacy is important to us. We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your personal information with third parties unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent: We may share personal information with third parties when we have your express consent to do so.
- With your employer: If your employer is our customer and your interactions with us or use of our services is in the course of your employment, your employer will have access to the information you have provided to us (including records of communications, login information and other data).
- With our contractors and service providers: We sometimes engage other trusted businesses and persons to provide services and perform functions on our behalf (for example, external digital developers and credit card providers). We may provide such persons with access to personal information needed to perform their functions, based on our instructions and in accordance with appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality measures.
For legal purposes: We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce our rights, to protect against harm or the rights, property or safety of others or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
Occasionally we may send information or offers to you on behalf of other organisations or businesses. When we do this, however, we do not share your personal information with those other organisations or businesses.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our contractors, service providers and other third parties such as marketing, search and research organisations, for example, Google.
Your information choices
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website or services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. If you set your browser to reject all cookies, however, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionalities of our website or our services.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
If you contact us we may, for your protection, ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We will use all reasonable efforts to provide the access you request within 10 working days and will correct or delete any inaccurate personal information you discover unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymised, and other relevant criteria. For example, the period we keep your email address is connected to how long your account is active, while the period for which we keep a support message is based on how long has passed since the last submission in the thread.
You may have a seasonal site or come back to us after an account becomes inactive, we don’t immediately delete your personal information if you cancel all services. Instead, we keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time, so it will be there for you if you come back.
Please note that in the course of providing our services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymised or de-personalised information which we may retain indefinitely.
End users’ personal information
Our customers who have created a site using Digital Halos are responsible for what they do with the personal information they collect, directly or through Digital Halos, about their end users.
Your relationship with end users
You’re solely responsible for complying with any laws and regulations that apply to your collection and use of your end users’ information, including personal information you collect about them from us or using website technology or cookies or similar technologies.
We’re not liable for your relationship with your end users or how you collect and use personal information about them and we won’t provide you with any legal advice regarding such matters.
End-user payment information
Your end users’ payment information may be processed via third-party eCommerce Payment Processors with which you integrate your website, in accordance with such eCommerce Payment Processors’ terms and policies. We transmit your end users’ complete payment information when they initially provide or update it only so that we can pass it along to the eCommerce Payment Processors you agree to use. We don’t collect or store your end users’ payment information.
How to contact us
By email to email@example.com